“I would like to practice nudism, but I don’t know how to start!” I have often heard this question from people who say they are attracted to nudism, but who hesitate. Do you have to start by being naked at home, going to a naturist beach, going on naturist holidays? If there is not a definitive answer to these questions, each of us being different, I suggest here avenues for reflection and action to start nudism in the best possible conditions.
There are many reasons that push nudists to become so. It can simply be for comfort or to get out of your comfort zone and regain your self-confidence. It may be to escape the dictates of society. It may be out of a desire to simplify one’s life. All of these reasons are valid and one will be more like you than the others. It’s up to you to find yours. What will you use this for? To be clear with yourself and with others about what nudism means to you. Thus, you will be more comfortable explaining what nudism brings to you.
To help you, I will tell you what nudism is for me and why I am a naturist: because I feel very good when I’m naked. It’s as simple as that. I’m fine, nudity is comfortable and fabulously liberating. Then come other additional reasons: health, self-confidence, simplicity, beauty of nudity, etc. It is with this feeling of well-being that my nudist practice began. How do you know why you want to start nudism? Here is a simple little exercise to find out, and it must be done naked.
Start by choosing a comfortable place, where you feel good and where you will not be interrupted. You need to be totally comfortable. It can be your bedroom, your living room, your garden or a naturist beach. Undress completely and bring a sheet of paper and a pen. It is imperative that you are naked for these exercises. If you can’t be or are worried about being disturbed, put off until later so you can be confidently naked.
If getting naked turns you on sexually, that’s okay. This excitement will pass over time as you learn to deconstruct the nudity-sexuality relationship that society and education create. Now that you are in your skin outfit, take a sheet of paper and answer the following questions:
- Do you feel very good naked?
- What does nudity represent to you? (for example, beauty, simplicity, fragility…)
- List three human values that are important to you (for example, friendliness, simplicity and honesty).
- Do you have confidence in yourself?
- Does nudity rhyme with conviviality?
- Do you want to be/do you like to be naked outdoors?
- Is the gaze of others important to you?
- Do you subscribe to the naturist press (H&E, TAN…)?
- Do you prefer a quiet campsite or a holiday resort with a nightclub?
- Is nudism just during the holidays or is it all year round?
There are no right or wrong answers to the previous questions. These are your answers. From these, you should now be able to answer why to start nudism. For comfort, simplicity, self-confidence, friendliness, spirit of camaraderie, nature … all reasons are good, choose yours and move on.
Where to start?
There are many possibilities to experience nudism for the first time outside of your bedroom. While the beach is the easiest and most economical way to get naked, it’s not necessarily the best place to be completely comfortable. The best place to start is a campsite or a naturist area.
The beach is an open space in which textiles and sometimes voyeurs will wander. Two species of human beings that can be very painful. Textiles are not always there to watch, voyeurs are. This can quickly become embarrassing and uncomfortable. If you are totally comfortable naked, don’t care what other people look at and be ready to battle with the voyeurs, then hit the beach. Otherwise, go to a naturist campsite.
If you don’t really like to camp, many campsites offer mobile homes or chalets that allow you to spend a more comfortable stay. However, the advantage of a naturist campsite lies in the fact that it is a enclosed structure in which nudism is the foundation. Almost everyone will be naked, no one will look at you because you are naked, and announcing that you are a beginner will attract kindness and recommendations. In short, it’s the perfect choice for getting started and getting used to your own nudity and that of others.
This last point is important. Being naked is one thing. Seeing other people naked is another one. We often don’t quite know how to react, look or interact, at least at first. The two simple tips for any beginner is to make eye contact with people and smile at them. No one forbids you to watch people walk around, but not to stare at them intently, fixing your gaze and making them uncomfortable. Quickly, nudity will become not indifferent to you, but normal and natural. Personally, I find a naked body more beautiful than a dressed one. There is an inherent beauty in nudity. This is no reason to turn myself into a die-hard voyeur.
Then choose a place to spend a weekend or a week if you want to test longer. Find out more through the website of the naturist area you are considering and call to book. Do not hesitate to ask questions about the practice of nudism, about the activities and to say that you are a beginner. On the big day, take the plunge and get naked. There is a good chance that this first experience will radically transform your relationship with the body and make you become another person. Welcome to nudism!
How to continue?
Once the first experience is successful, nudism has a good chance of establishing itself as obvious. Many naturists often regret not having taken the plunge sooner. If that can be understood, we cannot remake the past, but we can build the future and put naturism in a good place.
To continue in nudism, here are some ideas to implement:
- Living naked at home every day. Undressing when you come home from work, stay naked to cook and go about your household chores, are all times when nudity will become normal.
- Give preference to naturist weekends when possible. For example, if you are going for a hike, turn it into a naked hike. If you are going to visit a region, choose a naturist campsite. If you are staying at home and have a garden, stay naked to rest.
- Make nudism one of your holiday criteria. There are hundreds of beaches, campsites, resorts and naturist villages in many regions and countries. There is no shortage of choices.
- Subscribe to naturist magazines. You will keep up to date with naturist news, discover new places and realize that nudism is rich in beauty, diversity and activities.
- Become a member of your naturist federation and the local club if there is one. The federation is there to develop nudism, defend the interests of naturism and legitimize the practice of nudism.
- Talk about nudism around you. It is not always easy, but necessary to live in harmony with his art of living. It is also the only way to be able to be naked more often and to increase the number of naturist acquaintances.
These few ideas will, I hope, allow you to anchor your practice of naturism and nudism in your daily life and above all to benefit from its many benefits. I wish you a fulfilling life in nudism!
Strip Naked, Stay Naked, Live Naked, and Share The Naked Love!