Ok, I hate the term nudist colonies. It feels as this was a kind of a sect or secret cult. Then the use of strange seems to mean that this is a kind of a weird places. Any nudist club or resort is neither a sect nor a weird place. It’s a just a place where people live their own lives while enjoying total nudity.
However, the post Strange Rules and Little-Known Etiquette for Nudist Colonies is much better than its title implies. It describes the unknown rules to non naturist that are applied to almost all the nudist resorts in the world, and uses wonderful paintings to introduce each of it. Let’s list the 12 rules described in this post:
- No Lingerie, Underwear, or Suggestive Attire. There’s nothing sexual in naturism. Not naturists do not enjoy sex, they do, like most human beings, but being socially naked does not mean having sex in public.
- You Don’t Have to Be Naked. Well, the newbies are generally given a test period of a day or less to appreciate whether they are ok with social nudity. But once this trial period off, nudity is generally required. Of course, if the temperature is chilly or if you get sunburned, you can wear clothes. Common sense prevails! But a nudist resort is not clothing-optional, it’s nude-required.
- Do Not Feed the Alligators. This is for Florida resorts… Very few resorts have crocodile on their premises.
- Don’t Have Sex in Front of Everyone. Go back to rule number one. It’s not a sex club, it’s a naturist resort! Actually any public sexual behavior will have you banned from most of the resorts, club and beaches.
- You Have to Carry a Towel at All Times. Don’t sit on your naked butt without using your own towel. Hygienic common sense!
- You Can Bring Your Kids. Social nudity is family friendly. Ask before though, as some clubs (a minority) are adults only. For family clubs, your kids will love the freedom of roaming butt naked with their friends.
- Make Sure You’re Actually at a Nudist Colony (Before Whipping Your Junk out). Sounds obvious no?
- Stop Staring at People. Naturists look at each others in the eyes. Naturism is neither exhibitionism nor voyeurism. Look but do not stare!
- If You Get an Erection, Put it Away. Although it’s rare, as naturism is overtly not sexual, this may happen. Move on your belly and start thinking to something else. There’s nothing wrong with having an erection, just avoid displaying it!
- Don’t Wave Your Boner Around Like a Jackass. Rules 1 and 4 again! It’s not an exhibitionist show. Exhibitionists will actually get banned from most clubs, resorts or beaches.
- Please Walk Along the Shoreline. On a nude beach, first get naked (while in Rome, do as Romans), walk on the shore, and do not stare! It’s about the experience of being free not being a voyeur! Voyeurs are generally banned too!
- You Aren’t Allowed to Take Photos. You actually can if and only if, everybody in the picture agrees! But you need to ask first. In most resorts, there will be a clear no-picture policy. However, if you want to keep memories, ask first and ensure everybody on the picture agrees to be photographed naked!
Share your comments below.
Get Naked, Stay Naked, Live Naked and Share the Naked Love!
Painting from Paul Gustav Fischer, Sunbathing in the dunes, 1916
We hate the term nudist colonies as well. We always correct people when they use that term around us and tell them that we are members of a clothing optional resort. We always welcome them to join us and let them know that they are not required to be nude, except in the pools or hot tub. We however will be nude. Plus the above rules are explained as well during the course of conversation. Conversation is where it all starts so it always has to be positive. (Ms. K)
[…] Source: https://nuetheureux.com/2017/11/24/strange-rules-and-little-known-etiquette-for-nudist-colonies/ […]
Very strange rules of time long ago.
[…] Nu et heureux – Naked and Happy […]
4. Depending on the country, laws, region i doubt you can always ban a couple if they are (were) caught engaging in (having) sex at nude beach
11. Depending on the country, laws, region i doubt a voyeur staring at other nudists can always be banned from visiting a nude (nudist) beach